About Red Hat...

Das OS mit Knuddelfaktor

Moderatoren: crack, Marwin, Krüsty

Beitragvon Ignat » Donnerstag 7. August 2003, 18:09

Hi!
Can Red Hat Linux be installed in the logic partition? May be from some version (Red Hat 7.3, Red Hat 9). I know that the russian ASPLinux 7.2 (7.3, 9) can do it and its full compatible with Red Hat. What disk size recuires Red Hat? I want to find the best Linux version - what can you advice to me? :)
What Linux is the best for most people?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rußland
If the ship don't know where to go - it has no fair wind...
Ignat
Alter Hase

Beitragvon Krüsty » Freitag 8. August 2003, 23:01

Of cause linux can be installed on logical partitions, but it should be set a native linux partition on it (like reiser orf ext2/3).The kernel of all Linux distripution is the same one and filesystems were managed by the kernel.
Im working with the SuSE Linux 8.2 (www.suse.com) but Red Hat, Mandrake or Debain are also good Linux distripution. I think that SuSE is the most used Linux dis. in Germany (German Telekom uses it).
SuSE is good for beginners, it is very easy to config. If you have Red Hat or Debain you should now what hardware you have and witch technologies they use. The disk size belongs to the programms you would like to be installed. SuSE takes me 5GB. Minimal 2 GB max. 10 GB + Swap.
a member of CodingCrew.de
Air conditioned computer. Please keep WINDOWS closed.
Krüsty
Administrator

Beitragvon Ignat » Freitag 8. August 2003, 23:12

Hmm...
I can give for Linux only nearly 2.5 GB!
Because Ive Win2000, WinXP, ASPLinux7.2 and my friend adviced me to install Sun Solaris. (My HDD is nearly 40GB!)
Is Solaris popular in Germany?
In Russia we often work with FreeBSD or Sun Solaris.
But Ive heard that Solaris is very "launisch" system. Is it right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rußland
If the ship don't know where to go - it has no fair wind...
Ignat
Alter Hase

Beitragvon Krüsty » Samstag 9. August 2003, 11:45

BSD and Solaris are not so popular then Linux in Germany, but some hackers use them.
I never worked with BSD or Solaris thats why I cannot say wether these systems are working well.
a member of CodingCrew.de
Air conditioned computer. Please keep WINDOWS closed.
Krüsty
Administrator

Zurück zu Linux